Academic Requirements for Completion of the USP
To successfully complete the program, University Scholars must:
- Graduate with an accumulated Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.25 or better
- Complete 12 hours of approved course credit
- Have at least a B- in all courses used to complete the 12 hours required for completion of the program
- Receive a grade of "S" (satisfactory) for three semesters of Forum
At the start of the semester a student expects to graduate, the student should complete a University Scholars Program Requirements Completion FormThis link will open in a new window and return it to the USP office (102 Sullivan). Prompt completion of this form will help avoid confusion at a later date, and ensure that students are properly recognized at commencement.
Academic Requirements to Remain in the USP
To remain in good standing in the USP a student must:
- Maintain an a GPA of 3.25 or better
- Register for and satisfactorily complete Scholars Forum for three semesters
Failure to Meet Academic Requirements to Remain in the USP
Students in the University Scholars Program (USP) are required to maintain a GPA of at least 3.25. Students who have GPAs of less than 3.0 at the end of the first semester of their first year at the University are no longer eligible to participate in the program. Students with GPAs between 3.0 and 3.24 are eligible for a one-semester probation period during which they can work to raise their GPAs to 3.25. Students who are on probation retain access to all components of the program during the probation period. Students who have not established a GPA of at least 3.25 by the end of their first year at the University are no longer eligible to participate in the USP. Students who become ineligible for the program may reapply for admission once their GPA is above a 3.25.