- I am an incoming freshman. How do I find out if I will be invited to apply to the University Scholars Program?
High school students who meet our application criteria will receive an invitation to apply. If you have additional questions, then please contact Sarah Beth May (email@example.com) at 919.515.2353 to determine if you will be invited to apply.
- I received an invitation to apply to the University Scholars Program, but I have not made my final decision whether I will attend NC State. Can I still apply to the University Scholars Program?
Yes! If you are interested in participating in the University Scholars Program if you attend NC State, then we encourage you to complete the application. If you decide at a later date not to attend NC State, or not to participate in the University Scholars Program, we just request that you notify us by email to decline your admission.
- I completed my application to join the University Scholars Program – now what?
Thank you for applying to join the USP! You’ve just applied to join a dynamic community of outstanding students. Your application will be reviewed and you will receive notification via your wolfPAW account. If you haven’t already, you should submit your housing materials as soon as possible. Although living in the Scholars Village in Sullivan Hall is not required, it is strongly encouraged. You will receive more information about the Scholars Village by email, generally within two weeks of the submission of your acceptance form.Your first introduction to the University Scholars Program will occur during New Student Orientation this summer. The USP staff will host an important information session for all incoming Scholars and their parents at each Orientation session. You will receive a email with further details about this information session prior to Orientation. Please contact the USP Office if you will be unable to attend any of the Orientation sessions, 919.515.2353.
- May I apply to the University Scholars Program after I’m at NC State?
First year students with a 3.75 cumulative grade point average after the fall semester are invited to apply to the USP for the spring. If you are interested in joining the USP after your first semester at NCSU, please contact Sarah Beth May (firstname.lastname@example.org) at 919.513.3984 for more information.
- I am planning to transfer to NC State and am interested in the University Scholars Program. Can I join, and if so, how?
The University Scholars Program is geared toward new freshmen, as they will have enough time at NC State to complete the requirements of the program and they are more likely to benefit from the residential component of the program. Transfer student applications will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please contact Sean Cassidy (email@example.com) at 919.513.3984 if you would like more information.
- What are the costs associated with participating in the University Scholars Program?
There are no mandatory additional costs associated with participating in the University Scholars Program. All activities offered through the Scholars Forum Series are free-of-charge. While the USP does sponsor some trips that have additional costs, these trips are completely optional and are subsidized by the USP to keep costs as low as possible.
- Can I apply to the University Scholars Program and the University Honors Program at the same time?
Yes, you can apply to one or both the University Scholars Program and the University Honors Program. You will receive notification(s) on your application status in your wolfPAW account from both programs. If you have applied and are accepted into both programs, then you must decide which program to enroll in and must communicate your decision to both programs. Students cannot participate in both programs.