The University Honors and Scholars Program currently have a residential component in Becton, Bagwell, and Berry Halls on East Campus. This is a new initiative beginning in the Fall of 2018. The Honors & Scholars Village connects first-year students in a shared experience that helps build community and shape residents’ understanding of campus and the University Honors and Scholars Programs.
Each semester Honors & Scholars Village residents participate in a variety of activities and events prepared by Village Fellows and Resident Advisors. This programming complements the University Honors & Scholars Programs, promotes exploration, and builds community.
Honors & Scholars Village Mission Statement:
The Honors & Scholars Village is a dynamic living and learning community that enhances the intellectual exploration and personal development of its residents. The Village, a collaborative effort between the University Honors and Scholars Programs, and University Housing offers students a wide range of educational and social opportunities that ease the transition to college life and help students make connections with their peers, NC State, and the world around them.
Honors & Scholars Village Residents will:
- Create a community of culturally-connected, informed and engaged residents.
- Demonstrate a commitment to academic excellence.
- Participate in a variety of cultural, service, outdoor, and social activities.
- Engage in meaningful discussion about important contemporary issues.
- Build personal connections through the interaction with Village residents and staff.
- Explore campus and community resources.
- Participate in an inclusive residential environment.
- Be fully engaged in the University Honors or Scholars Program.